Dudgeon Offshore Wind Farm

Dudgeon Offshore Wind Farm was granted consent in 2012 and will be located 32km (20 miles) off the coast of the seaside town of Cromer in North Norfolk. Its consent allows for up to 560MW of installed electricity generation capacity, however after thorough planning it was decided that the optimal installed capacity will be approximately 400 MW.

Dudgeon Offshore Wind Farm was granted consent in 2012 and will be located 32km (20 miles) off the coast of the seaside town of Cromer in North Norfolk.  Its consent allows for up to 560MW of installed electricity generation capacity, however after thorough planning it was decided that the optimal installed capacity will be approximately 400 MW.

The electricity Dudgeon generates will be brought to shore via a seabed cable at Weybourne Hope, some 5km (3 miles) west of the town of Sheringham on the North Norfolk coast. From there an underground cable will be laid to carry this electricity to Necton, near Swaffham in the Breckland district of Norfolk where a purpose built substation will enable the electricity to be transmitted into the National Grid. Once complete, the wind farm will produce enough clean electricity to power more than 410,000 British homes each year.

Statkraft owns 30% of Dudgeon Offshore Wind Farm with the remaining 70% owned by Statoil and Masdar split equally. It is operated by Statoil.