Andershaw Wind Farm
Andershaw Wind Farm is located to the South of Glasgow in South Lanarkshire, Scotland. It has been operational since 2016. The project consists of 11 turbines and has a total capacity of 36.3MW.
Community Benefit Fund
Andershaw Wind Farm will be providing a Community Benefit Fund worth £91,250 per annum.
The fund will be available throughout the lifetime of the wind farm for groups projects and initiatives within a 10km radius from the site.
Projects eligible for funding will focus on:
- Securing investment and creating employment
- Securing sustainable development and implementing training
- Preserving, protecting or enhancing the environment and heritage of Scotland
- Advancing education and relieving poverty
- Upgrading infrastructure
- Upgrading recreation and leisure facilities
The fund is administered by South Lanarkshire Council's Renewable Energy Fund.
Since the fund was established, Statkraft has invested over £283,016 to local groups, projects and initiatives.
For more information about the Renewable Energy Fund or the application process, please visit: www.southlanarkshire.gov.uk.