Flexible generation optimisation
Batteries and gas engines provide the reliability and flexibility required to keep the lights on when there’s not enough wind or sun. We will maximise the value of your grid-scale battery or flexible generation facility in the short-term energy markets and ancillary services markets. As one of Europe's largest short-term energy traders, we leverage our expertise in asset optimisation and algorithmic trading as we optimise your facility across all relevant markets. We operate a partnership model - working closely with you to achieve optimal performance.
- Grid-scale battery storage optimisation and route-to-market
- Management of ancillary service market access (e.g. frequency response markets)
- Optimisation across day ahead and intraday energy markets and participation in the Balancing Mechanism participatio
- Flexible gas generation optimisation and route-to-market
- Trading across day ahead and intraday energy markets, including Balancing Mechanism participation
- Management of procurement of gas and carbon certificates for the facility
- Co-located renewable plus storage PPAs
- Route-to-market services for the entire site, managing imbalance on the renewable generation, while also trading and optimising the co-located storage asset, taking site-specific constraints into account
Why work with us?
Our leading trading platform Statkraft Unity
We use dynamic optimisation techniques and continuous forecasts to maximise our customers’ gross margins.
Statkraft can schedule flexible assets in real time
We move between wholesale market energy optimisation and ancillary services for the grid, optimising between the Day Ahead Market (DAM), within-day trading and into the Balancing Market.
Statkraft can provide long-term guarantees
We can offer guaranteed minimum income payments (floors) to enable debt to be raised.
There are only 5 steps in working with us to optimise your facility
- You enter our Virtual Power Plant and our Statkraft Unity platform. This allows us to remotely send schedules to the facility and read active power output; interfacing can use all major controls protocols.
- We agree on the Trading and Dispatch Strategy. This allows us to agree the commercial and technical parameters (such as risk tolerance, market preference, etc) within which we will optimise your facility across agreed markets.
- We enter operations. We trade the facility based on the agreed Trading and Dispatch Strategy, and send the resulting schedules to the Facility via the VPP. You are able to follow along in real-time via our Customer Portal, including availability, schedules, metering, and indicative PnL.
- We report on monthly results. We provide detailed and transparent monthly reports calculating the achieved gross margins and net payments. We also provide trading and technical performance benchmarking to highlight areas for potential improvement going forward.
- Continuous dialogue and improvement. We realise that markets and commercial preferences evolve and hold regular meetings with our customers in order to discuss operations and identify improvements for implementation.